Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Patricia Rieger Branham - Independent Sacramento Ghosthunter

From Sacremento Press: Patricia Rieger Branham - Independent Sacramento Ghosthunter
Question: Tell us something personal about yourself? Your hobbies, family life, recreational activities, etc.

Answer: I was born and raised in Sacramento. I came from a large family of six children. I was a mother figure to my siblings. I worked for the California State Legislature and California Board of Prison Terms. I retired in 2001. I am married with two children, two stepchildren, and five grandchildren. I am a photographer, and currently my work can be seen at the Sierra Framing Shop in Lincoln, California. I am also an artist using the mixed media theory. I am also a returning student to Sierra College where I am finishing up my AA in Social Psychology.

Question: You consider yourself as an independent paranormal investigator. Where have you investigated? What kind of equipment do you use? Have you worked with any other groups?

Answer: I joined my first paranormal group in 2009. As a member of the group I first learned the techniques in regards to “Ghost Hunting.” I enjoyed the fact that much of the hunting served as a “community service” to individuals, easing their concern and fears and in many cases solving their issues with simple physical solutions. I was interviewed on Access Sacramento regarding my paranormal work. I have personally investigated the Carey House in Placerville, private homes, civil war cemeteries and other historic cemeteries. The equipment I use is the digital voice recorder, camera, and EMF meter.

Question: What group did you with?

Answer: API (American Paranormal Investigators).

Question: How many countries have you been to? What did you do in Venice?

Answer: I’ve been fortunate to have traveled to Italy as my husband has family living outside of Milan. We visited Rome, Florence, Asisi, Luca, and other ancient cities. We traveled through the Tuscany region. Also, my husband and I honeymooned in Venice – now how romantic is that? It was on New Years and we attended an international ball on the Piazza of San Marco. We also went to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Vatican. This past October my husband and I traveled to the UK. In Cork, Ireland we visited an historic woman’s prison. Walking around the prison (The Women’s Gaol) I noticed that part of the prison was closed as it had not been renovated. The doors were sealed off. Later walking passed the doors again, one was slightly opened. A quick check to see if anyone was watching, I slipped through the open door and went as far back into the prison I could reach. I snapped photos of the original writings on the prison cells, photos of the cells and old windows. Upon review of the photos I found a possible face or two of women. I informed one of the young docents and she said, “oh my gosh, I have worked here for 2 years, and have never been in that part of the prison. Was the door opened for me????

Question: Tell me about your uncle. Your uncle has a unique history with Preston Castle.

Answer: My uncle, Frank White, was the Assistant Head of supervisors at Preston School of Industry (Ione, CA) in the late 50s and 60s. As a small child I would ‘hang out’ with him at the school, swim in the pool, eat in the cafeteria and stayed with my uncle and my aunt in the Preston Housing circle which remains today. My uncle personally gave testimony to the murder of Anna Corbin at the ParaCon Conference of NorCal Paranormal. Anna was the beloved head housekeeper at the school and was tragically killed by one of the wards. It has been reported for years incorrectly as to the whereabouts of her body. My uncle personally viewed Anna’s body and testified at the murder trials. You can watch my uncle here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_NjrKxOovI

Special Note: I will have to mention HPI’s connection to Preston Castle. When Shannon McCabe and I, did the documentary – Conversations with a Serial Killer by Two Four Productions in England, in regard to Richard Trenton Chase aka The Vampire of Sacramento, we did a segment of this filming at Preston Castle. A lot of people do not realize this, but HPI was the first paranormal investigating team inside of Preston Castle and Conversations with a Serial Killer was the first documentary. Following us later were Ghost Adventurers, Ghost Hunters and Ghost Lab. After that Preston Castle was a big hit with many other paranormal groups. Shannon found the place for our filming and we spent the whole night there, in which the entities called 2 female investigators ‘whores, whores, whores’. You were able to hear the entities with your own ears and this was captured on film.

Question: What fascinates you with the paranormal?

Answer: When asked about “ghost hunting,” I explain that it is really not “ghost” but spirit contact. These individuals had lives, families, hardships, love and losses. There are messages that perhaps need to be delivered, situations left unresolved, issues that are loved to be expressed. To be a part of this is very rewarding and gives hope to the after life we all seek.

Question: Have you ever had any paranormal experiences?

Answer: Yes. I was always intuitive to certain family members, but when I lost my dear friend to a tragic passing the activity became very real. I felt her presence, mentally heard her voice reaching out with her frustration of passing and her grief. She contacted me in many forms: the volume on the TV, my burglar alarm and just the overwhelming sense of her presence. Currently, there is a presence in my home, non-threatening, that comes and goes. We have had the experience of doors being unlocked, locked tight, and unlocked again. My mother who is passed loved Christmas, the family usually gets a Christmas hello in one form or another. At the same time in three separate homes, a Christmas ornament was slapped across the room from the tree.

Question: Tell us about Groveland Hotel.

Answer: I joined one of the first groups to “ghost hunt” in this historic hotel outside of Yosemite Park. Lyle is the resident ghost. It was fascinating and really peaked my interest in joining a local group.

Question: What books, TV shows, movies do you like?

Answer: Hooked on Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Ghost Adventures, My Ghost Adventures, Celebrity Ghost Stories, and any paranormal programs that I find of interest. Non fiction books, history, political and enjoy “feel good” movies. Enchanted Cottage is one my favorite movies. I will throw this in…”Don’t Worry, Be Happy” is my favorite song!

Question: If readers of your interview have any questions, how can they get a hold of you?

Answer: Yes, and I can be reached at pbranham56@gmail.com

Special Note: Patricia when in Hawaii visited the office of Dog the Bounty Hunter, but unfortunately he was not working on that day.

Question: Thank you for this fascinating interview! Do you have any words of wisdom for your readers?

Answer: Thank you Paul, it was my pleasure to meet and be interviewed by you. As for words of wisdom: Believe!!

Pictures of Patricia's Trip to Ireland:
https://picasaweb.google.com/113085620574413968867/IrelandCork?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjivKGbqfSUTA&feat=email#

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Swag That Was Given Away Tonight:
Thank you Shannon McCabe for the Swag!
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/PaulDaleRoberts55/Ehrhardt%20Oaks%20Park/

Interview conducted on 12/2/2011 Friday at Starbucks - 4701 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment