Sunday, July 29, 2012

Malaysia: A new breed of ghost busters

From New Straits Times:  A new breed of ghost busters

PARANORMAL CONSULTANTS: A new generation of young ghost hunters are trying to break social taboos by offering property-related services and consultancydes

.

Not many 25-year-olds have the luxury of mixing business with pleasure. Ahmad Adam Aliff @ AdamVai is one of them, but even rarer is his chosen vocation. Adam is a budding ghost hunter and a self-proclaimed spiritual consultant.

He dispenses spiritual advice, communications, healing and a slew of other paranormal services. Adam’s past clients have included property owners, buyers and developers who encountered supernatural obstacles.
For leisure, he organises group excursions and tours to haunted buildings and sites all over the Klang Valley with his posse of ghost hunting aficionados.

When we met up for teh tarik, I was half-expecting a deeply religious person with raised eyebrows and a devilish stare. After all, in his blog adamvai. blogspot.com, he had proclaimed himself to be a ghost buster who hunts down demons and jinn.

He turned out to be a friendly and well-mannered guy. He regaled me with tales of his paranormal escapades and provided some insight into his methods. Make no mistake, though, this man takes his ghost hunting very seriously.

How I started: It’s a God-given talent. I’ve had this gift since I was five years old. I’ve been healing and helping people out in spiritual matters since I was 15 years old. It runs in the family — my grandfather also had the gift. My clients are solely through word-of-mouth and references from other clients. For the past few years, I have committed myself to pursuing this as a full-fledged career. I am very passionate about it and see untapped potential in the paranormal industry.

What I do: I help people from all walks of life, regardless of their religion or race, who are facing various supernatural scenarios. Some property buyers will call me to check on a building or property, even though there’s no rumour of any ghosts or spirits. They just want to take precautionary measures and secure the property for their families. Some property owners might have difficulty renting out their houses and suspect supernatural factors at play. These are just a couple of the possible scenarios.
Sometimes property developers will contact me before they commence any project to ask me to sweep the area for any undesirable entities. Others will call me after a project has started. For example, in one development project, the contractor was having trouble clearing some trees. The tractors would mysteriously break down or their workers would suddenly fall ill. It might sound ridiculous, but it was seriously hampering the project. I was called in to assist.

My methods: I would first conduct a scientific analysis of the problematic area to filter out other possibilities. For example, some problems are caused by soil and geological factors which have nothing to do with ghosts or spirits at all.

After a thorough examination, if there is no logical explanation, I try to diagnose any spiritual interference.
If I detect any intrusive entities, I will try to negotiate with them. God willing, I am able to communicate with these spiritual entities. You have to be able to control the spirits’ energy to solve the problem. Some spirits are passive, some are aggressive. I believe we are all God’s creations — both humans and spirits — and we should respect each other. That is always the basis to all my spiritual communications.
I do not believe in exaggerating or scaring people with horror stories. I try to explain things calmly and scientifically to my clients. Every view has to be balanced — like yin and yang.
My ambitions: I have a deep passion for the paranormal and would love to develop it into a respectable industry in the country. Maybe Malaysian society is not ready to accept these activities into the mainstream, but the potential gains for the tourism industry, for example, is huge. In England and other places in Europe, ghosts and haunted tours are major tourist attractions for visitors who want to experience something different. Malaysia has plenty of historical and heritage sites with paranormal activity. There is no reason why we can’t capitalise on this commercially.

Advice to property buyers: Do the simple things well. Check the history and background of a house or building extensively. Chat with neighbours, agents, brokers, friends and contractors. You don’t always get the true picture from formal sources. Always get a second or third opinion. Do not rush into things unnecessarily. Check the newspapers and internet for additional information. If ever in doubt, call a spiritual consultant.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment